Agatha Wong defends SEA Games 2019 gold


 Photo By: Palakasang Pinoy

MANILA, Philippines– Agatha Wong dominated the 2019 Southeast Asian Games wushu competition once again as she defended her title in the women's taolu taijiquan on Sunday, December 1 at the World Trade Center.

Brunei’s Lachkar Basma settled for the silver with 9.55 while Vietnam’s at Tran Thi Minh brought home the bronze with 9.53.

Earlier, John Chicano kicked off the Filipinos’ campaign at the official start of the biennial meet by winning the first gold medal in triathlon.

“I didn’t really imagine anything,” said Wong after her golden performance. “I didn’t expect anything, maski na they’ve written articles about me na parang, double gold standard.”
“I’m really happy na I delivered the gold, and I have no regrets for today,” she added

Wong, the 2017 SEA Games champion and 2018 Asian Games bronze medalist, bagged the gold medal anew after topping the competition with 9.67 points at World Trade Center.

Comments